Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Is Here

I am so ready for sunshine! flowers! flip flops! trail rides! This is what I found yesterday at the stable
A soaking wet, muddy horse. Now I sure hope he doesn't think I am going to do some lovin' on him like this!!!

It was also time for worming. This is not one of Dusty's fun things to do with MOM.
Dr. Tony, the barn manager is always willing to help with this little chore! Most of the time it is a BIG chore!



OH MY GOD, he's going to kill me...


Help me MOM!

Holy crap...what is that?

Okay, maybe it's not going to get me after all


Maybe I will like it. Is this some kind of new treat Mom?


YUMMY!!!

Today Dusty was a very good boy! Thank you Doc for always being willing to help, and having the patience to get the job done without any problems.


Thank you Cowboy for taking me to the laundromat to wash his dirty blanket. I just could not put that wet, dirty, stinky thing back on our copper pony!!!
Dusty Devoe









10 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Don't you just love it when they get all muddy and then give you the pouty face when you won't scrtich them?

Trailboss said...

He took his worming a LOT better than my two. Dakota, the 15h puts his head so high and I am so short I can barely reach him. Bad boy! My mare usually does a tad better. Plus she is 14h so easier for me to handle.

Anonymous said...

Now, that last photo is a perty sight! Clean boy, clean blanket. But your last photo should have been what you looked like after all that cleaning! I know what it takes, and that would have been your best photo.

Desert Rose said...

I am sure Dusty really appreciated a nice CLEAN blanket to go back out into the mud! LOL

betty-NZ said...

That's a lot of animal to pet! He's lovely.

Paint Girl said...

Looks like your copper pony is getting better at deworming! Tony has done a good job getting him to accept it.
Mine are always muddy. I don't have a barn so they are in the muddy pasture all day, rolling around just to make me mad! I never can recognize Brandy, she is always covered nose to tail in it!

Pony Girl said...

Looks like he is getting better at the deworming! It just takes time and patience. I'm lucky I can just mix My Boy's in with his grain and call it good. I pick my battles, LOL!

Paula said...

Okay - I admit it! I haven't been by in a while and WOW! I just spent 30 minutes getting caught up! Love the spring flowers!

We use the sneak attack around here when it's worming time - if the boys don't know whats coming they are less likely to cause a commotion!

We have a power washer that gets alot of use during the spring! Our mud is sticky clay!

I love the 10 random things about you! I think we could be sisters too! I'm putting wood laminate down right now - will have to do for the wood plank floors - and right now I have some beautiful '80's era gold chandeliers! They will be replaced!

I have twins - they are identical and sometimes I see them do things that make me think they might be mirror twins - but I just don't know! Now that they are getting older, I can see all the differences in them - so it causes me to wonder, wow, are they really identical?

Love the pie, your apron, your kitchen, and the tribute to your dear Buba! My Gramma has been gone about 10 years now - apple pie was her speciality! She gave me a pie plate, wood rolling pin, and her crust recipe for my wedding!

Hope your Saturday is beautiful!

Blessings~
P.

Unknown said...

Our ponies don't like worming either. I make my daughter do it :)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Does he make funny faces afterwards like my silly mare?
She curls her lips way back and gnashes her teeth. lol!

I like the before and after pics of Dusty. He cleans up good!

~Lisa