Sunday, June 7, 2009

Dusty Rocks

I LOVE this!

it hangs in my tack room at the stable

Pony Girl added the "Dusty rocks!"


COPPERPONY just finished
his 23rd day of bridling.
Cowboy and I head out to the stable
every morning to meet Doc .
We are committed to making this work!
Dusty is really being a good boy!
He is just about there.
He is learning he has to keep his head down.
He is not tossing it all around.
He is not moving his feet.
He is standing still.
He is realizing that it is not going to hurt him.
I am happy with the progress.
Thank you Doc for your willingness to continue
with this until we get the job done.
We appreciate and respect your
experience, knowledge, attitude, patience and compassion
when working with our beloved DUSTY.
COPPERPONY is on his second week of his
workout schedule. He has 2 months to get in shape
for his big trip!
Now I don't want all of you to think I am being mean
to my boy!!!
I have taken the workout challenge with him.
I am going to curves 3 days a week,
riding ROCKET everyday, and riding and working with
my boy. I am even doing some bareback riding.
Not just walking, we are doing a jog/trot and
I am LOVIN' it!

I love how this journey requires me to continue

learning.

I have the desire, and attitude to face my fears.

I am building trust and a deeper bond.

I put my heart and soul in to DUSTY'S well being.

He's given me his love, strength, courage.

I am grateful for the many blessings in my life!!!

Dusty Devoe

12 comments:

City girl turned Country Girl said...

Doc sure is great to you and Dusty isn't he!!! That is so great!! Love the video his bucks are so cute!! I love when they blow off that energy!!

Thank you for your kind words and prayers for my friend..

Gin said...

Great video. I love that you are taking the challenge with Copper Pony. You definitely have a lot to be grateful for! Enjoy!

Trailboss said...

Horses are fun aren't they? They sure can turn your world into a better place to be. Good job on the bridling.

Mrs. Mom said...

Great sign on the stall door there. Words to live by!

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Wonderful work!

Maery Rose said...

You are on a mission girl, and it's a good one! Makes me smile. :)

Paint Girl said...

I am so proud of you mom! I hear you were able to get the bit on Dusty today, all by yourself! Congratulations!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Glad thngs are going well! And I agree with PG , Dusty Rocks!

Pony Girl said...

Isn't that saying from Parelli?
Your pony was feelin' his oats there, LOL! Glad the bridling is going well! Watching what you go through makes me really thankful my horse is so easy at the daily things. He's not so easy with the big stuff- like vaccinations or paste worming, but luckily I can get a bridle on him when I want to ride!

Tara said...

If I put as much potty training time into the Man Cub as you do with bridling, that kid would be in big boy pants by now, running around in his Blue Clues underpants.

Blackfeatherfarm said...

Love that sign ! Good for you and all you are working towards!

Desert Rose said...

Wow...you and Dusty will be so svelt for the Stampede weekend!!!
Maybe you could come and chase my 2 and 3 yr old grandbabies for a day or 2!!!