Monday, June 15, 2009

Quiet Nicker, My Sanity

My Copperpony talks to me when he see's me.
I LOVE it!
He didn't always, he's just started to the last few months.

Lately he seems so HAPPY I'm there.

I cherish these moments.



We are on day 30 of our bridling.
Things have been progressing slowly,
but on a positive side.
Today I felt Dusty took a couple steps backwards.
He wasn't as cooperative.
I was disheartened, sad, frustrated...
felt defeated.
I am trying to find strength in the struggle.
Trying to be confident.
Praying he will stay calm and figure it out.
Wondering what he is thinking?
Why is this such a struggle for him?
What was his life like before he became mine?
I will go back out to the stable tomorrow
with hope in my heart.
I pray for patience.
I thank God everyday for this precious gift.
This journey is about life, learning and LOVE.
It's about the love I have for my horse,
we will get through this one day at a time.


Dusty Devoe

13 comments:

Leah Fry said...

That's all any of us do.

City girl turned Country Girl said...

Oh it's OK!! He may have just of been having a bad day!! We all do! I hope it goes better for you next time!!

Unknown said...

Aww bad day's suck.

Hey Dusty, could you e-mail me. I think I have something for you that will help with your copper pony's bridling problem. epona_64@hotmail.com

Trailboss said...

I know it can be frustrating but it will happen. He sure is a good looking boy.

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Hang in there.
Isn't it great when your horse greets you with a knicker!

Paint Girl said...

I also love it when they nicker. Sometimes I think they are just nickering because they want food. Who knows.
Dusty could have been having a bad day. Just keep going. There are always good and bad days, ups and downs, while training. Hang in there!

Blackfeatherfarm said...

Don't get discouraged, they take a step back sometimes, then will surprise you with three steps forward. Hang in there !

The Pink Geranium or Jan's Place said...

You are doing fine, sounds like you are not pushing him, he will figure it out.. when he does you will be amazed!

Maery Rose said...

Training is like that some days. Don't lose heart. Animals have bad days just like people.

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

i love to read about folks lovin' on their animals. animals talk all the time, just not in english.

Pony Girl said...

My horse only nickers when he thinks I'm bringing him food, hee hee! :) xo

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

What a special relationship the two of you. He's lucky to have you with your unending love and patience for him.
He was probably just have an off day. Silly boy. He loves you and will come around soon.

~Lisa

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

Awww dont feel bad! They all ahve their own pace....I'm about to begin to do bridle work with my baby, he's still a little small, coming 2, BUT we are only doing baby steps, so far he does what ever we want, but i'm sure the bridle will be the hardest and bit too...what do you reccomend, and what all is on yours, I see a halter, bridle, and is that a nose band too?